Candy’s Flop-Free Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
INGREDIENTS: VANILLA CUPCAKES
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–3 tbsp water or milk
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and prepare a cupcake pan with liners.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine. Set aside.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs to a medium sized bowl and combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the water to the batter and mix on low speed until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined. The batter is likely to be very runny.
- Fill the cupcake liners about half way and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- To make the frosting, combine the butter and two cups of powdered sugar in a large mixer bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of water or milk and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add remaining water or milk as needed and mix until smooth.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
Enjoy with a lovely cup of tea or coffee!