During the colder months, it’s absolutely normal to crave comfort foods, but that doesn’t mean having to resort to unhealthy options. For example, a healthy bolognese pasta could be made by cooking rice noodles with a sauce made by simmering extra lean mince, onions, shredded carrots, and tomatoes (chopped + puree + paste), seasoned with salt, pepper, lots of paprika, and fresh herbs like parsley or basil. That’s it!
Below you can also find a wholesome, comforting meal which is still light and fresh, and can be eaten all year round.
If you need more inspiration, head over to the @mmachthealth Instagram profile and check out the story highlights titled ‘MEALS 1-7’.
Chicken Breast & Root Vegetables Sheet Pan / Warm Salad Dinner
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 medium carrots (peeled and cut into 1cm thick slices)
- 2 beetroots peeled and diced into 1cm square pieces
- 6 baby potatoes cut into quarters
- 6 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
Avocado and/or pumpkin seeds (optional & if seasonal)
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Line a sheet pan with baking paper.
- Place the whole chicken breasts, chopped vegetables, garlic cloves, rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil into a large bowl and give all ingredients a good toss.
- Spread all items in the bowl in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, turn over the chicken and stir the vegetables. Return the pan to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken and warm vegetables on a bed of fresh baby spinach. Top with optional avocado and/or pumpkin seeds.