Follow these steps below to wash your hair
1) First, you’ll want to make sure to select the proper shampoo and conditioner for your hair type.
2) While in the shower, make sure your water is warm, but not too hot. Shampooing in water that is too hot can strip your hair and scalp of essential oils, so shower using the coolest water possible. Thoroughly wet the hair.
3) Apply a bit of shampoo into the palm of your hand and work it through the hair. If your hair is longer, use your fingers to reduce tangles.
4) Using the tips of your fingers, work in a firm circular motion from the front of the scalp down to the back of the neck and then up the sides towards the temples. Continue this motion for several minutes. This will stimulate and exfoliate the scalp.
5) Rinse the hair completely and, if hair is longer, use a wide-toothed comb to remove tangles and smoothen the hair.
6) Apply a conditioner in the same manner you applied the shampoo. Allow the conditioner to remain on for 3 to 5 minutes, then rinse the hair with cool water and comb through it again.
7) Dry the hair with a towel using a patting or stroking motion. Never rub the hair back and forth or in circles with a towel as this will cause damage to the hair.
Using the proper shampoo and conditioning technique each time you wash your hair will help keep your scalp healthy and your hair looking its best.