Kiddies party must haves
Planning a party for your kids?
Here is a list of must-haves that will make it much easier for you to plan.
- Start with your budget, since that will determine what you can do.
- Write a guest list. I usually discuss this with the child whose birthday it is.
- Discuss a theme and invitations with your child, they usually have their own ideas.
- Depending on where the party will be, if you need to book a venue do it at least 4 weeks before the time, you don’t want to be disappointed.
- Order a cake at least a month before and follow up the week prior. My children usually decide themselves what cake they want and what flavour it should be.
- Decide on a menu: keep it small and simple, kids love hotdogs, mini pizzas, mac and cheese that type of food.
- Order balloons a day or two before the party and arrange a time for pick up.
- Decorations and party pack items can be bought a week before the party depending on what you want in the party packs. I usually make the party packs in advance to take the pressure off myself. Once I had little stickers printed with the same theme as the party to close the packs I had that year which were brown paper bags.
- Prepare party games, a slippery slide or a jumping castle. It keeps the kids busy for hours.
- Charge your camera batteries two days before the party.
Including the fathers is maybe a good idea then mom will be able to take a little break from running around and looking after everyone 🙂
Hope the tips I shared will help you when planning your child’s birthday party.