My 5 Winter must haves
Just when us coastal folks think we are getting to feel the cold, east weather is upon us again. Since last week, it’s been a little chilly so I took out our electric blanket. Boy, is that the one piece of winter ‘equipment’ I cannot live without!
Below is my list of winter must haves:
- A snuggly gown/robe – there’s just nothing better than wrapping yourself up in a gown early in the morning when you get out of bed to go make tea or coffee.
- An electric blanket – something I just cannot live without in winter. I put mine on about 30min before I get into bed and by the time I’m ready for bed, my bed is nice and warm. I don’t even need a second blanket.
- Tea – I love a cup of peppermint tea in the evenings before bed time or any time of the day. Added bonus- it curbs cravings.
- A burner and melts – this is something a friend introduced to me a while back. You simply buy a burner that takes small tea candles and melts. Mr Price sells them, @Home or most home stores do. Their scent stretches throughout your entire home and it is such a calming and welcoming scent, depending on what you choose.
- Beanies are something I have plenty of and cannot live without, especially in winter. I wear wet hair 90% of the time and in winter wet hair is not the most comfortable. So when I don’t feel like washing my hair, I throw a beanie on, and off I go.
I also find that my mask keeps my face warm which is a bonus.
Keep warm. Keep safe. And take care of yourself.