It doesn’t matter what size it is, how on-trend it is, or whether you cook in it that often, the kitchen holds a (very) special place in all of our hearts. Even when we’re not cooking something delicious, we just love to hang out in it and it’s often the place for communal gathering.
Who doesn’t often find themselves standing at the open pantry staring aimlessly or leaning on the fridge door wondering what your next food move will be?
What can we say—it’s our happy place and when you are a stay-at-home mom, your kitchen is a place you spend a lot of time in. Why not make it comfortable, nice and easy to navigate around.
Here are my top 10 kitchen must haves:
- Good Knives – you don’t need many but a high quality set of knives will change your life.
- A cutting board – choose those that are easy to carry around in the kitchen, store and they are gentle on your knives.
- A whisk – for whipping cream and whisking and making sauces.
- A great spatula – for working with frying fish and sturdy enough for flipping a pancake!
- Measuring cups and spoons – great for when you are baking or cooking. They come in so handy.
- Wooden spoons – I love using them when cooking because don’t scratch your pots.
- A blender – awesome for making smoothies, soups, or purees for gravy.
- Non-stick pans and pots – it’s just about making life easier.
- A vegetable peeler – not only for peeling root vegetables, but can be used for making veggie noodles if you don’t have a special gadget that spiral cuts your produce.
- A good can opener that doubles up as a knife sharpener.
I hope these kitchen-must-haves help you to make your life easier in your kitchen when you are cooking or baking!!
Love these suggestions!
When I waa a teen, I used to say that one day when I have my own kitchen, I will ALWAYS have a good set of knives in my drawer and apricot jam in my cupboard !
Hi Annie, so glad to hear you love the suggestions 🙂