Girls who had Motorola Razr and BlackBerry phones are now at the age where Air Fryers are our thing! “What in the world is an Air Fryer?” you may ask . . . let me tell you what you’ve been missing.
In 2010 Philips introduced its very first Air fryer. Since then bigger and digital versions have been launched. I bought mine 9 years ago. It still works and looks like the day I bought it – that’s that Philips quality.
They now come in different sizes with compartments. Mine still has a manual dial but there are digital versions out there now.
How does it work?
The air fryer works with Rapid Air Technology where hot air circulates, cooking the food in it with the oil inside of the food. Because of this, there is no need to add additional oil. You can fry, bake, grill and roast different types of food to a perfect golden brown crisp using less oil than conventional methods of cooking.
I make crispy chips in it, chicken, pies, fish, quiches and just about anything you make in an oven. Follow this link ~insert link to Crispy Chinese Chicken Wings Fakeaways Recipe~ for an awesome air-fried Friday night treat.
Why you absolutely have to get one
1. Your food goes crispy in record time with no added oil, and air frying gives you the same look and taste of a deep fried meal.
2. The excess fat in food drips down to the pan at the bottom of the fryer.
3. It cooks your food 4 times faster than an oven, saving time and electricity.
4. It is solid and sleek in design and fits easily onto the standard kitchen countertop.
5. It is easy to clean and some parts are removable and dishwasher friendly.
Not so cool
At times I find the model I have is too small, especially when I have to make chips for the whole family or when I want to do fish, I can only fit in three pieces of fish. Luckily there are different sizes available now so buy one that caters to your needs.
Overall, the Philips Air Fryer is one of my favorite and most prized kitchen appliances. It is definitely money well spent.
Buy one from Manrico Select or @Home and share with us what your experience and your go-to air fried meals are in the comments.