With winter coming, our family loves having warm puddings on a Sunday afternoon. I thought I’d share my ultimate favorite recipe with you and hope you will enjoy it too.
- 250 ml sago
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 liter milk
- 125 ml sugar
- pinch of salt
- 25 ml butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 50 ml apricot jam
- Rinse the sago off.
- Add the cinnamon stick and sago to the milk and heat slowly.
- Cook on low heat until the sago is translucent, +- 15 min
- Add the sugar, salt, and butter, mix well.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, add the beaten egg and vanilla essence.
- Spoon the mixture into a casserole dish and make little holes in mixture to add the apricot jam
- Bake at 180ºC (350ºF) for 25 minutes, serve hot or cold with custard or evaporated milk.