Top 10 essential Hair Care tips for Summer
Written by Chanté Bock
Now’s the season to let go of perfect, sleek hairdos and embrace that loose, natural look. Learn how to protect your hair from the heat, sun, and humidity without turning it into an endless battle.
Here is everything you need to know to take care of it.
Add a moisturising shampoo and conditioner to your routine.
The milk_shake moisture plus shampoo and conditioner and whipped cream is the perfect kit. It hydrates and softens your hair; since it’s infused with papaya extracts and hyaluronic acid.
Shampoo costs N$359, and Conditioner N$366. They’re available at Isabel’s Place Hair Salon.
A special hair routine
For extra hydration, you can add the milk_shake moisture plus lotion to your routine. Treat your hair to a concentrated lotion with hyaluronic acid, applied after your shampoo and before your conditioner.
It’s an in-salon treatment so book your appointment. The results? Incredibly soft and silky hair, colour protection, with anti-aging properties, leaving hair lustrous, shiny, beautiful and radiant from the first application.
Summer is the season of fun, but it can also be the hardest on your hair. In addition to harsh elements, outdoor activities strip strands of valuable moisture.
If your hair is feeling thirsty, dehydrated and brittle, milk_shake has a solution. In fact, they have a solution to solve every single hair issue and texture.
Here are our top 10 tips on how to keep your hair healthy during summer:
- Cover up: it helps your scalp to retain moisture, reduces damage caused by wind especially if your hair is prone to tangling, and protects your colour.
- Put your hair up in loose, comfortable styles.
- If you took a dip in the pool/ocean, try rinsing out your wet hair with 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar and 2 cups water to get rid of discolouration and dullness.
- Wash less often. Frequent washing strips your scalp of its natural oils.
- Reduce the heat, enjoy your natural hair.
- Condition often.
- Add some sunscreen. There are hair products that contain UV protection. Again, milk_shake has got you.
- Try a hot oil rinse.
- Use a wide-tooth comb instead of a brush.
- Use a nourishing hair mask.