We all come from different backgrounds, but I know most parents believe in laying down a good foundation for their children.
As a mommy of two boys (Ayden, aged 11 and almost a pre-teen, and Carter five years old but still my baby) I realise how necessary it is for them to be raised with good morals. These morals will help them become respectable young men.
These are a few things my husband and I teach our kids in our home:
- Honour your father and mother as the Bible teaches us in Exodus 20:12
- To love God and love others
- Sharing is caring
- Nowadays, being a gentleman is still worth the effort
- Always be respectful and polite
- Always take responsibility for your actions if you make a mistake. It’s okay, but admit it, apologise and move on
- Budget – how to work with your pocket money and when to save
- Don’t be afraid to share your feelings and show your emotions
- Actually being a man is more important than just talking like one
- Chores are part of life and can be done inside the house or outside. They include washing dishes and taking out the trash
- Work hard and always give your best
- Be honest at all times
- Be thankful for what you have.
I am thankful and blessed to have been given a chance to raise our two boys as a stay-at-home mom. Yes, there are challenges but also joyous moments that I will always cherish. I salute every mommy out there! You are doing a great job raising your kids! You are amazing!
Let’s help our kids to become the best versions of themselves by laying down a good foundation with morals they can take along on this journey called life.