If you have kids and you can manage to take off days for yourself here are a few ideas of what you can do on those days.
- Go for a walk. I live in Swakopmund, and we have a nice walkway right next to the beach. Even if you don’t live next to the beach, it is still incredibly refreshing to breathe in the clear fresh air early in the morning.
- Organize a breakfast date with someone you have not seen in a long time, even your mom. Our lives are so busy nowadays, when did you last stop and spend some time with your mother?
- Book a Pedicure.
- Blow dry your hair yourself or go for a quick blow dry. Emphasis on “quick” because you don’t want to spend your whole day off in a salon.
- Organize your closet and declutter your space.
- Listen to a good podcast. I recommend something by Brene Brown. She is from Texas and specializes in vulnerability.
- Take a magazine and find a sunny stop to veg in, in your home. Nothing beats this one hey. Some Vitamin D straight from its source is something we all need.
- Have your cake and eat it, too! Bake it yourself or treat yourself to a slice from a coffee shop.
- Cook something quick-and-easy for dinner. One of my go-to’s is https://www.allthingscharlie.com/weeknight-pasta-recipe/
- Spend some time with your kids. Nothing beats hearing their stories and giving them those long hugs on a day when mommy is in no rush.
The point here is to do more for you and less for others once in a while. It will leave you feeling refreshed, energized and inspired to take on the next day.
How do you like to spend your off days? Leave us a comment.