What is the purpose of a vision board:
Vision boards give you a clear direction for where you want to go in several areas of your life. They allow you to visualize what goals you want to achieve. When you create a physical vision board, you can even touch what represents your vision. Vision boards are a constant reminder of what your priorities are. – Google
I’ve been meaning to start a vision board for years. Have never had the time or felt inspired enough to put it down on paper. Recently there has been so many workshops on how to create a vision board, wish I could attend one. Nevertheless, I did some research and this is how I made mine.
There’s no right or wrong way to do a vision board, there are some guidelines though. I’ve chosen to do mine digitally in Canva but you can do a physical one.
Do some introspection and ask yourself a few question first. This will give you direction.
- What is most important to you in life?
- What would you change in the world?
- What do you want to be? what kind of person would you like to be?
- What makes you most proud?
- What experiences do you want to have?
- What makes you feel most alive?
- What is success to you?
- What do you fear most? and how can you overcome it?
- What bad habits would you like to break?
- What new habits would you like to learn?
- What do you think the meaning of life is?
- Decide what you want to bring into your life and what you want to focus on.
- Choose images that represents those things and that appeal to you.
- Choose a background image, if you are going to do a physical board it’s best to do this first and the rest of the elements will go on top of it. If it’s a digital one, the background can come last.
- Divide your board into 4 sections. Each section will cover an area of your life. You can do this with an actual line, or one that you will judge with your eye. It can be more sections. I chose these 4 areas: Life, Business, Self and Hobbies.
- Add words and phrases that represent your goals and that is inspiring.
- Add any embellishments.
- Take your time, it need not be done in one sitting and it can change. That’s the nice thing about doing a digital one. You can make changes any time.
Hang it where you can see it every day.
Mine is in my office. If it’s a digital one, you can print a few copies and leave one at the office, where you spend a lot of time, or at home in your room, bathroom, closet. Just some ideas.